I am the Lord your God. You shall not have strange gods before me.
· Do I seek to love God with my whole heart and soul? Does He truly hold first place in my life?
· Have I been involved in superstitious practices?
· Have I received Holy Communion in the state of mortal sin?
· Have I told a lie in Confession or deliberately withheld confessing a mortal sin?
· Do I accept the Truths of our Faith as taught by the Church?
You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain.
· Have I insulted God’s holy name or used it carelessly?
· Do I respect that which is sacred?
Remember to keep holy the Lord’s Day.
· Have I missed Mass on Sunday or on Holy Days of Obligation?
· Do I try to keep Sunday as a day of rest?
Honor your father and your mother.
· Do I honor and obey my parents? Do I care for them in their old age?
· Have I neglected my family responsibilities?
· Is my family centered around Christ and His teaching of love?
You shall not kill.
· Have I harbored hatred, anger or resentment in my heart towards anyone?
· Have I given scandal to anyone by my sins, thereby leading them to sin?
· Have I abused my mind or body through alcohol or drugs?
· Have I physically harmed anyone?
· Have I had an abortion? Have I encouraged or assisted anyone in procuring an abortion?
· Have I abused my body through any form of sterilization?
· Have I sinned through gluttony?
You shall not commit adultery.
· Am I pure in my thoughts, words and actions? Am I modest in my dress and appearance?
· Am I engaged in any inappropriate relationships?
· Have I indulged in pornographic material/movies/internet?
· Have I engaged in sexual activity with myself or with another outside marriage?
· Have I been unfaithful to my marriage vows in action or thought?
· Have I practiced any form of artificial contraception?
You shall not steal.
· Have I taken what is not mine?
· Am I honest with my employer or employees?
· Do I gamble excessively, thereby robbing my family of their needs?
· Do I seek to share what I have with those in need?
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
· Have I lied, gossiped or spoken behind anyone’s back?
· Have I ruined another’s good name or reputation?
· Do I reveal information that should be confidential?
You shall not desire your neighbor’s wife.
· Am I envious of another’s spouse or family?
· Have I consented to impure thoughts?
· Am I reckless and irresponsible in the books I read or the movies I watch?
You shall not desire your neighbor’s goods.
· Am I envious of the possessions or good fortune of others?
· Am I resentful and bitter over my position in life?